Kitchen and table knives
A good knife is a must for all grand cuisine enthusiasts. Kitchen and table knives are available in several variations. At Khurts, we offer you at the best prices, the most beautiful knives indispensable in the kitchen and for the table setting.
Characteristics of the kitchen knives
Kitchen knives are indispensable tools in everyday life. They are mainly used to prepare food. They are generally fixed blade knives, which vary in size, shape and dimensions depending on their use. Because of the different preparations to be done in the kitchen, or even at the table during meals, kitchen knives come in different models. They are available from the simplest to the most professional types.
The different types of kitchen knives
There are several types of kitchen knives to choose from depending on the use:
- The paring knife — This is the most basic and indispensable model in the kitchen. Its short and thick blade allows you to work with precision. It is used to degrease meat, to peel vegetables, to slice and chop.
- The chef's knife — Also indispensable in the kitchen, it is ideal for all cutting work on vegetables, fruit and meat. It can also be used to chop herbs.
- The slicer — This is the big kitchen knife. It is distinguished by its long and rounded blade that allows a quick and sharp movement. It can cut, slice, chop.
- The sole fillet knife — this model of knife has a long, supple and fine blade. It is used to slice fish flesh, but also sausages.
The table knives
Table knives are also available in different models:
- The bread knife — Essential at the table, it is used to cut bread. It is characterized by a toothed blade. This type of knife can also be used to peel certain fruits such as pineapple.
- The steak knife — It is used to slice or carve meat. It is a variant of the office knife
- The butter knife— It is mainly used to cut butter and to spread it on bread.
Many other more specific models are also available.